Choose two research articles published by a scholarly (peer-reviewed) journal on a current issue, controversial or otherwise, in health care in America. Suggested topics may include: a study of vaccinations and autism rates; maternal health; fetal health; elder health; disease-based studies, such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease; the increasing rates of Cesarean sections in birth rates; and managed health care in America.
Analyze the articles for content, research methods, focus of the study, target audiences and subjects, and their possible impacts on the future of health care delivery.
Create a chart or table for comparing the two articles.
Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in length explaining:
- What topic you chose and why (This may have personal significance to you or it may be a topic of particular interest that you have seen in the news)
- The significance of the two studies
- The sources of funding and monitoring of subjects or content in the studies
- Your intended method of comparison
- The impact of the studies on health care delivery. Were the studies intended to change or influence health care delivery? If so, how? If not, what are the implications to health care delivery?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.